Mar 22, [1922?] From:        To:        
      Click on image to enlarge

March 22 d

Dear Paul

     I expected to sail to day but have been delayed[.]   Expect to be in Chicago about April 5th [.]  Have had two letters from you & was glad to get them.  I dont hear any thing about your rate case.  It seems as if that should have been tried[.]  Hope you are getting the cost down some by the new coal.  It is certainly time you were making a little more money but presume it will come sometime.  You wrote about [?] on coal & the amount of money you will need.  Of course I can get $5000? or $6000? for you at the xxx bank if you want it as soon as I get home.  You can rely on it if you think it would help.  I dont see that it makes any difference to me whether you get it or not so let me know as soon as I return if you want me to borrow it for you.  Will see you by summer any how and tell you all about the trip[.]

With love to all